I joined Remote as a product marketer in 2021. This move was inspired by my experiences writing my book and interviewing Remote’s then-VP of Growth, Elissa Rossi.
Through my conversations with Elissa, I felt a strong connection with Remote’s mission of bridging the gap between global talent and opportunity. I was also inspired by the global and async-first work culture.
Joining a team focused on building the foundations for the future of work felt like a natural next step in my career. This was also my first time working at a larger tech company, something I was keen to experience. I joined as employee number 250 at Series A. Remote has since grown to become a Series C company with a $3B valuation and a team of 1,000+ employees across 60+ countries.
My role as a product marketing leader perfectly blends my diverse experience as a product manager, marketer, and entrepreneur. Since joining the company, I’ve had the opportunity to build and execute on GTM strategies for all things related to employee benefits and global knowledge (among other exciting launches yet to be announced). My day-to-day work is focused around leading cross-functional efforts to develop essential product features, public tools, and integrated marketing campaigns.
The tools and guides I’ve worked on (such as our Employee Cost Calculator, Country Hiring Considerations Guide, Global Employment Country Selector, Benefits Guides, Benefits Directory, Global Benefits Report, and Choose Remote Toolkit) are all among the most utilized resources in the company and have directly contributed to millions in revenue. I also launched the viral #IChooseRemote campaign in 2021, featuring top remote work thought leaders and influencers, reaching over 50K people globally.
One project I’m particularly proud of is Remote’s Global Benefits Report. This report is an in-depth study of 2,500+ global employees and company decision-makers to better understand what benefits matter to employees across different regions and what role benefits play in recruitment, retention, and more.
In addition to product marketing, my role at Remote extends to attending global events (such as SXSW and TechCrunch Disrupt), creating thought leadership in the form of blog posts and videos, hosting company webinars, and leading segments for our annual company conference, Remote Connect.
I am proud that the value I bring to Remote goes beyond my role as a PMM and that I can serve as a public-facing representative for the brand, embodying what it means to thrive in the new age of work.
You can see some highlights of my blog posts, guides, and other content I've created here:
- Guide to digital nomad-ism for employers: https://remote.com/blog/digital-nomadism-modern-benefit
- When should you use an EOR (comprehensive guide): https://remote.com/blog/when-to-use-employer-of-record
- Guide to benefits for contractors: https://remote.com/blog/how-to-offer-benefits-1099-international-contractors
- Remote relocation guide for employees: https://remote.com/blog/remote-job-relocation
- (Downloadable guide) How to build a modern benefits plan: https://remote.com/resources/modern-benefits
- (Downloadable guide) Remote's Global Benefits Report: https://remote.com/global-benefits-report
- (Downloadable guide) "Choose Remote Toolkit" for employees: https://remote.com/ichooseremote
- (Video) #IChooseRemote viral influencer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DL7eBh4iFc